AntTek Explorer Manual
AntTek Explorer is the most intuitive, fast and simple to use File Manager for Android OS. It is the first multi-panel file explorer on Android OS. It features Drag & drop anywhere technology to bring the best user experience. You feel it like on your Macbook’s Finder. You feel it like Window’s Explorer. You feel it like Nautilus on Linux. No, even better! Layout is configurable and adaptable to screen size (phone & tablet).
- Android 2.1+
- Root is optional
- Plugins are optional
AntTek File Explorer is available on Android Market with two version: Free and Pro. The free version is no-ads. Pro version supports some advanced features. However, the free version is supported almost funtions.
AntTek File Explorer comes with Drag & Drop Anywhere feature. Basically, you can tap to browse a folder or open a file, and drag & drop to do more actions such as copy, move, delete, bookmark and so on.
- Browse SD card: By default, the SD card content will be shown when the app is opened. Tap on a folder to see its contents, tap on a file to open it.
- Drag & drop anywhere: Long-click on an item (folder or file), an action bar will be appeared with 4 basic operations: copy, move, delete, bookmark (read more in next tab).
- Drop on action bar to do selected action
- Drop on another item to see more action. These actions vary upon source and destination contents. For example, drag a compressed file on a folder will request to decompress it. It’s smart enough to ask you what you will do.
- Drop on itself to see more option, such as add short cut, property. These actions also vary upon selected items.
- View a file: the app comes with many built-in viewer (most basic file types) or plugin viewers. To open, tap on a file.
- The app will first try to look up built-in viewer (with registered MIME types), or call system viewers if no suitable internal viewer found.
- User can request to view by other viewer by long-click on a file (drag & drop on itself), a context menu with open with or view as actions
- Streaming: If you browse a remote file system (such as Dropbox, Box, Samba, or FTP), you can play movie and music directly from AntTek Explorer by streaming technology.
- Property: Long-click on an item, then select Properties from context menu to see meta-data of a file, including common properties (created data, full name, extension, etc) and specific properties (audio duration, image size)
AntTek Explorer fully supports to explore system folder (such as /system, /data) under root permission granted. To start to use root feature, your first turn root option on in Menu > Preference > Application Preference > Enable native mode
To bring the best user experience, all regular operations can be done the same way you when you browse files on SD card. Furthermore, several root operations are also supports
- Remount partition
- Change permission
Temporary box & Bookmarks
Networks & Clouds
- Drag: Click and hold items to start dragging.
- Drop: When dragging, release items to drop.
- Hold an item and release to itself to show context menu for extra actions.
Drag and Drop
Drag items to other directory to copy/move dragging items.
Drag items to action area to excute destination action.
(1) Copy dragging items to destination directory.
(2) Move dragging items to destination directory.
(3) Zip dragging items to destination directory.
(4) Delete dragging items.
(5) Bookmark dragging items.
If Temporary Box is enabled, drop on it to add dragged items into the box.
Drag items to other panels to excute various actions.
- Text editor/viewer
- Pictures viewer
- TIFF viewer (free plugin required)
- PDF viewer (free plugin required)
- Zip/Rar editor/viewer
- APK viewer
- Source code viewer: support more than 13 programming languages (Java, C, php, perl, etc.,)
- Enable native mode
- Filter case insensitive
- Always use build-in viewer
- Back key’s action
- Home directory
- Download directory
- Cache directory
- Remember home directory
- Clear cache on exit
- Display language
- Translate to your language
- Hide status bar
- Hide temporary bar
- Hide fragment collapse button
- Show clock in background
- Show animation
- Always use system font
- Always use default icons
- View style
- Sort mode
- Sort order
- Folder first
- Show hidden
- Show file’s thumbnail