AntTek Dict Manual
AntTek Dictionary is a free GUI for accessing compatible dictionary files and other dictionary services (a dictionary shell) for Android-based devices. It offers a quick definition looking up and a best integration with Android platform.
Install offline dictionary data
Dictionary manager helps you to organize your installed dictionaries. To go to Dictionary manager, press menu/Dict Manager.
- Add Online Dict to add a new online dictionary
- Download Data to download dictionary data from Market.
- Click on “Up” button to re-order definition results and query priority.
- Click on dictionary name to enable/disable or delete dictionary
- Click on “Setting” button to customize definition results looks and feels, including text font and color, background color.
Customize dictionary looks and feels
Settings (press menu>Setting) allows to configure global parameters of the application, including three parts
- Search including following options
- Match strategy to define how to match inputted words against dictionary database, including Exact match, Start With, End With, Start or End With
- Search Result Limit: How many results will be returned when multiple words matched
- Enter key: how the application reacts when press enter key, look up immediately or break into lines
- Quick Search
- Enable Quick Search: turn on to place a small icon on notification bar where you can quickly look up for clipboard data in one-click
- All Dictionaries: which database the application will look up
- Max Dialog Height/Layout Margin with Lef Margin: size of quick box search
- Advanced Settings
- Landscape dual view: show both neighbor list and word definition results list in a single screen in landscape view.
- Portrait dual view: show both neighbor list and word definition results list in a single screen in landscape view.
Dictionary Looking up
- Type a word then the neighbor list will be appeared.
- Press search button or touch on an item in the neighbor list to get the definition results. Expand or collapse the definition result to to read.
- Press “Back” key to go back last looked up words or the neighbor list (in single view mode)
- Double press “Back” key to exit
- Press on “Star” button to star a word
- Press menu/Star or History to see starred words or looked up history words
- Long press on definition result to share, select words, or copy to clipboard
See Quick Search
Known issues, Bug Reports, Enhancement requests.
Email to email@example.com